Monday, March 1, 2010

First BDC Class





So this past weekend on Sunday I took the train at Katonah down to the city with my friends Marie and Denise. So then when we got to the city we split up because they were going to go see something at MOMA and I wanted to go take the Jazz Funk class with Chio at the Broadway Dance Center. So then finally I arrived at the BDC and I was really nervous because I was taking the class alone and I figured the dancers there would be snobby and mean except they weren't at all! I was sort of surprised with the age range in the class. The majority of the people were between 18-20 but there was this one little girl who looked like 10 and another older lady who looked like 45 it was crazy. I had never been in a dance class with guys before and it was pretty cool because about a third of the class were guys. You were moving non-stop in the class even when you were stretching. We stretched for a half hour and then the other hour was for the combo. I'm not exactly sure what the song was called but the dance was faster than I expected. There was this Asian guy with spiked hair in front of me that I thought was AMAZING. The class was the most tiring class I had ever experienced and I felt disgusting after but I loved it. I want to take classes there every weekend now! (Here's the link to the combination we learned http://www.youtube.com/user/chiozone#p/u/15/HlxW_nO9b9Y)

No comments:

Post a Comment